Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Pumpkin Cookies

Recipe from Bonny's kindergarten teacher

1 cup sugar
1 cup shortening
1 egg
1 cup canned pumpkin
1 tsp. vanilla
2 cup flour
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
1/2 tsp. salt
1 cup mini chocolate chips

Dough will be like thick quick bread dough. Drop by spoonfuls on cookie sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.

These are my favorite cookies. And I am sure that most of you have this recipe. But I'm sharing it none-the-less. Enjoy!!

2 comments:

bonny with a Y said...

YUM! I have always loved these cookies. Although I will note that I use regular size chips and if you douple the batch it uses up a whole can (reg size - 14 1/2 ounce?) of pumpkin. Which is nice not to have leftover pumpkin floating around the fridge.

PS - Betsy I got the invite. It was in my spam folder. thanks!

Betsy said...

I just 1 1/2 times the recipe and have a little more moist cookies. Both ways work and yes it is nice to not have the extra pumpkin. What would you do with 3/4 cup of pumpkin?