Monday, March 27, 2006

Divine Tomato Shrimp Pasta

I'm kind of lame because I've never posted a recipe before, but I invented something tonight that is worthy of a repeat. Here goes:

1 small onion, sliced in thin strips
3 cloves garlic, chopped coarsely
1 small red pepper, diced
1/4 tsp. red pepper/chili flakes (can't remember what they're called, but they're the little things that are always at pizza joints.)
several mushrooms, sliced.
jumbo shrimp
1 14 oz can diced tomatoes
salt
pepper

Saute onion, and red pepper until "slithery." Add garlic and red pepper/chili flakes. Add mushrooms and continue sauteeing. Add shrimp (mine were pre-cooked and then frozen) and tomatoes; simmer until most of the tomato juice is reduced. (I drained a bit off before I added the tomatoes.) Season with salt and pepper to taste. Add cooked pasta (I used linguine) and toss.

No comments: